Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Snake in the Grass..

I have been busy since getting back from the ranch. The Beckley House had an open house today, so I have been over there sprucing it up and getting it ready. The realtor called to say his assistant was handling it and she had someone heading to the office to write up a contract.( don't get too excited, we haven't heard anything else about that!) There was a couple last night when I was finishing up cleaning who came to look at it and were supposedly very interested too. So the prospects are good and it is getting shown alot. Then I got a call that there was a problem. There wasn't a snake in the grass.. it was in a bedroon closet! A black rat snake was in the closet in one of the back bedrooms. The girl who was there was deathly afraid and bolted out and left. I got a neighbor to go over and remove the snake, but it put a real damper on my open house! I haven't heard anything else, so we will see. I hadn't checked the closets because it is new carpet and it was cleaned last week. I am sure it got in when my repair man was working and left the back sliding door open or when the house was being shown. We have wetlands behind that house and a couple snakes live under the back deck. It has been so hot lately, I am sure the cool air coming from the house was too much of a temptation! Always excitement at the Shore house!

No comments: