Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Life does move on..

The past couple weeks have been crazy! Hunter "graduated" from Pre-K, so his school days are over until fall. His last week of preschool Chad got a job..he heard about it Monday, went to talk to them, and started the next morning! Needless to say, it has been hectic for me. He was my other set of arms! He watched them when I just needed to run Hunter to school or go to the store, or the Dr, or the chiropractor, or when I just needed a moment to regain my sanity!
Where he works is right at the front of our subdivision, so he can walk there. He is profiling computer games! Mon-Fri.. 11am - about 7:30 or 8:00, depending on how much he has to do. He pretty much got to pick his hours. I am happy for him, it is right up his alley, and gives him a life outside of his room! Of course, it is another room, doing the same thing, but there are other people there!
Hunter had his cast removed, his "bumps" treated, and is already bored with no school. The twins love having him home and we are trying to set a routine together. Alexa is still houdini with her diaper. If I put a onesie on her that she can't get out of, she undoes the tabs on the diaper, then pulls it out of the leghole of the onesie..so now I put training pants over the diaper, under the onesie, so far so good! Tristan & Alexa are both too tall for their lightweight sleeper pajamas, so I had to go get size 3.. they seem so long, but I am sure they will out grow into them! The size 2 were too tight in length to put on Alexa backwards (you have to turn the feet around). Backwards because otherwise she unzips them and takes them and her diaper off.. we find her sleeping naked in a wet bed!
I have been cleaning out our storage unit. Brenda helped me go through some of Kierra's clothes yesterday. It is strange how we attach memories to things. There were things both Brenda & I could remember the day it was bought, or an occasion she wore something, which ones were her favorites, and which things we knew did not fit over her butt! I had already set some things aside when we cleaned out the apartment, but did not have the time or emotional energy to go through it all then.
But life does move on.. it is amazing the things the twins have outgrown and how much they have changed in the past 6 months. Andrea at Applebee's is no longer working there. We try to go there when we can with the kids, everyone is so supportive and it feels like home. Andrea had car washes planned and always kept me up with what was going on. It will seem strange with out her there. There are graduations & weddings, birthdays and celebrations. Some of Kierra's friends have faded away a bit, and others have major changes going on as well. Brenda cut her hair short! Which is adorable, but a major change for her.. and us.. I have never seen her with short hair in all the years I have known her. It is so cute I want to get mine cut, but everyone tells me NO!
I sometimes think I want to freeze time and stop all the changes. I do not trust my memory or my ability to handle what may come tomorrow. But then I think I can not bear this day without her, maybe tomorrow will be easier.. so I take a deep breath and another step forward because I don't know what else to do.

No comments: