Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My foreign body..

The world keeps spinning, going round & round. I feel like I am trying to keep up, but having to do everything in slow motion just throws me further & further behind! It has only been 3 weeks, it has been 3 whole weeks, either way there are still more weeks to go for my recovery & my patience with this foreign body of mine is running thin! I am not in control & we all know that does not bode well!
My oldest sister, Robyn, will be here tomorrow for a few days. She insisted on coming to help. I appreciate that to some extent, but I really don't know what she can help with. I am up & doing & getting things done. I have been off pain meds a week now, other than running the vacuum cleaner, I am back to doing what needs to be done. She will go to Greta's on fri night & fly home Saturday. Good thing we have a community pool & she likes to sunbathe or there wouldn't be anything for her to do! We used to have a close relationship, but issues changed that a number of years ago when our biological father died. It has been repaired some, but will never be what it was. Of course, no matter who it is, I feel like things need to be in order when someone is coming to visit. It just takes me so much longer to do everything, it gets frustrating!
The incision has healed well, but my insides are still sore, & a ways from being back to normal. It is strange to be limited by my body. It isn't something I am used to at all. So I will keep counting the days, & weeks until I am healed & can figure out what normal is for me again!

No comments: