Friday, March 27, 2009

Technology has taken over!

Since Chad's graduation things have been flying by in a blur! It took a day or two to get us all unpacked and settled back in.
Brian & I switched our cell service from AT&T to Verizon this week. We had AT&T for over 10 years. Their customer service has become non-existent, and their new conversion changed our discount too, so it was time for a change. So I have spent the past few days getting setup and used to my new blackberry curve. I have always had a basic cell phone. My priority was a decent camera. No internet, no email, etc. This thing has and does more than I will ever use! It can also be addictive. It is a mini laptop! I can get my email, facebook updates, tons of stuff I really lived just fine without having at my fingertips. It doesn't just hold phone numbers.. it holds work and home addresses, birthdays & anniversaries too! I can personalize your number with a picture, (which I have almost everyone set up with already!) and even a custom ringtone so it shows your pic and plays your song when you call. How crazy is that?! My poor laptop was beginning to feel obsolete. My sister told me I could link up with flickr and my blog on my phone too, but I think I should leave something for my laptop to do!
I have been so submerged in technology the past couple days that it was a reality check to take the kids to the movies today and have to shut off my phone. I actually had to shut it off rather than turn it to silent because there are so many applications on it I couldn't find the one to change the ringer volume! Of course after the movie I found it right away. It was just more data than my mind could compute at the moment I needed it to!
So here I am back on my trusty laptop, well, not so trusty.. it has been acting up and at the moment has to be hooked up on a landline to work properly. But still my good old connection to the internet world. It also makes it easier for my "good, old" fingers & eyes to manipulate the keys! That phone keyboard is tiny!!
So off to bed I go. To recharge myself, and according to the beeping message, also to recharge my cell phone!!

2 comments:

Cricket said...

hehehe now maybe you understand why I do 98% of communication through my phone! I think before you thought I was nuts to be on my phone so much!

Nancy said...

gives new meaning to 'you've got mail' - at least you have a backup to your lap top.