Monday, March 02, 2009

A rough start..

Well, after a great weekend we got off to a rocky start today. All 3 kids didn't want to get out of bed, and no one wanted to go to school. It was like pulling stubborn teeth to get them up, dressed, fed, and out the door. I can't stand starting the day like that! Everyone was grumpy and that makes me grumpy. I managed to get them somewhat out of their funk then when we got to the bus it all started again. Hunter said it was crazy sock day at their school today so the boys both wore mismatched crazy looking socks. When they were getting on the bus Tristan noticed someone wasn't wearing mismatched socks. He was adamant that he wanted his socks to match, he didn't want to be crazy! I got him on the bus with the promise I would meet him at school to give him a matching sock so he could change it if he wanted to. I did, and all was well with the world. Until Hunter decided to get emotional and want to go back home with me when I brought Tristan's sock. I don't know where all this came from, but I got him settled back down. They have an awesome bus driver and he helped calm them down. I called Hunter's teacher to give her a head's up that he was having an emotional morning. I emailed Tristan's teacher to explain the spare sock. Two down, one to go. I got Alexa to school with her being the least of my problems this morning, until I dropped her at her class and she instantly turned on the tears. I am going to her class to read Dr. Seuss at 11:30. She wanted me to stay or to come home with me until reading time. I got her calmed down and settled in with the promise I would be back to read to her and her class in just a little while. What a way to start the day!
On the way home I stopped at Starbucks for my coffee fix and decided to call into the local radio station for a contest I was listening to. I got on and managed to beat the champion, a logistics engineer, in their Battle of the Sexes contest. I will compete again tomorrow morning. So far I have won movie passes, and an upsweep to the way my day started. We will see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrads! wow! what a morning, see they love you, you gave them a great weekend

Nancy said...

Wow! You're great. Keep up the good work on 'Battle of the Sexes'