Monday, March 30, 2009

An indulgent day..

Today started like any other day. I got the kids up, dressed, fed & out the door. I took the boys to the bus, got them on, then took Alexa to school. Normally I might go to the drivethru at Starbucks, grab a coffee, then see what I could get done at the house before going to a project meeting at the boy's school. I am not sure why I diverted from that, but I went into Starbucks, sat down with my coffee & a croissant, and worked through a few sudoku puzzles until it was time to go to the meeting. The meeting was at 9:30, I left the school at 1:30. As Brian says.."I can't say no!"
Then I went back to the house & did a few things until it was time to pick the boys up from the bus. I had to go to Sears to pickup a water filter for our refridgerator, so I took the boys to do it since I got sidetracked at the school earlier. Sears is at one end of the mall. At the other end is the kid's playground and an icecream place called Maggie Moo's. They have the creamiest homemade icecream and mix in your choice of goodies. I think we've only been there once before.
I decided to take the boys to Maggie's and then let them play at the playground. Hunter got bubblegum icecream with gummie bears & marshmallows. He forgot how hard it is to chew ice cold gummie bears! Tristan chose chocolate icecream with oreos & marshmallows. They switched when they were almost done so they could taste what the other one got. I tried their "better batter" icecream that tastes like cake batter, then added caramel & almonds. It was sooooo yummy! Now the boys are playing for a bit, then we will go get Alexa & head home. What an awesome, and for me, a very indulgent day!

No comments: