Thursday, January 01, 2009

My Top 40 for 2008

1.) What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Lost 40 lbs
2.) Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No I did not, and I probably won’t.
3.) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several people.. a very busy baby year!
4.) Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to me, but close to people I care about.
5.) What countries did you visit?
Bahamas, Honduras, Belize, Mexico (Cruise Oct. 2008)
6.) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Better Financial stability and tolerance.
7.) What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Several, some happy, some sad, top of the list.. the week we spent on a cruise with my parents (and 2 of my sisters.) It was a once in a life time trip for them and memories that will last my lifetime.
8.) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Quitting soda and losing 40 lbs (and still going)
9.) What was your biggest failure?
What failure, I survived another year!
10.) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some illness, nothing serious.
11.) What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets for a cruise.
12.) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Many to be proud of, you know who you are.
13.) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Many who should not be proud, and they know who they are!
14.) Where did most of your money go?
House, kids
15.) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Losing 40 lbs! (and all the emotional and health benefits that go with it!)
16.)What song will always remind you of 2008?
All those on the CD Brian made me for our 25th anniversary.
17.) Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier?
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Poorer
18.) What do you wish you'd done more of?
More time with my horses
19.) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasted time & energy on unimportant things.
20.) How did you spend Christmas?
With my husband and children/grandchildren at home, coddling a sick and feverish child, & cooking Christmas dinner.
23.) What was your favorite TV program?
Desperate Housewives? Didn’t really stick on one show, watched what I could when I could.
27.) What did you want and get?
The twins into preschool
28.) What did you want and not get?
The twins in the same preschool
30.) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I survived the day and I turned 45
31.) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
One thing? Satisfying? You asked for it.. more ---!
32.) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfy, easy, able to disguise multiple children’s dirty handprints!
33.) What kept you sane?
Horses, reading, Brian (not always in that order!)
38.) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Remember then, appreciate now, take one step forward at a time.
39.) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Bring on the rain (by Jodi Messina)
Another day has almost come and gone

Cant imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes Id like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war (cause)
Its almost like the hard times circle round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but Im not dead
Tomorrows another day
And Im thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain
Im not gonna let it get me down
Im not gonna cry
And Im not gonna lose any sleep tonight
So bring on the rain

40.) Of all the influences, experiences you had in 2008, is there one that stands above the rest?
Marking my 25th wedding anniversary with my husband. For very personal reasons we did not celebrate it publicly, but will always share the precious memory of our wedding day. You're Still The One Brian!

No comments: