Friday, September 05, 2008

The POD Project

I have put a plan into motion that should keep me pretty busy over the next few weeks. I had a "POD" delivered today. (a portable storage unit) It will be here until Oct. 4th, or less if I finish before then (haha). I am going to empty out and organize our garage. There isn't any room to do it any other way and it is more than a one day job. We have 2 garage door openers that have been out there a year and we can't get through the stuff to install them!
I still have the majority of Kierra's things from her apartment. I have gone through some of them, but most of them have been untouched. It has been almost 3 years, I will never get over losing her, but I am ready to get past holding onto the material things. I will keep what will mean something to the children, but most of it is just "stuff".
I am heading into the project with the attitude that if we haven't used alot of what is out there in the year plus that we have lived here, then we don't need it and won't miss it! There will be alot of donations made to Goodwill, Salvation Army, Local Shelters, etc.
My deadline is the 4th, then Brian & I are escaping the 5th-12th of October. I figured that would prevent me from procrastinating!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

OMG I knew you were headed in that direction! I dare you to have room in your garage for one vehicle. Otherwise all the stuff...put a plant in it.