Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's just a tag..

I was a bit sideswiped today when I went to renew our car tags. I didn't know there is a limit to how long you can have your tag. They demand they be replaced every 5 years, you have to get a new tag. I have the tag from Kierra's car on my van. At first they said we just had to change Brian's. Then they said, oops, yours too. It may not seem like a big deal.. but I don't want a new tag. I do not want to remove her tag from my car. It physically hurts to think of taking it off. I know some of you won't understand. You don't have to. I bought the damn replacement tag because I had to. I have not put it on yet. I guess I am supposed to do it a.s.a.p. So shoot me. I will have to have Brian do it later. I can't stand the idea of not seeing it on my car anymore, it not being there. I know it's just a tag, but it was hers...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's just not a tag it's part of your life! I can't get rid of the letter she sent me, so how much of a difference is that? But, she is your daughter and know one can change how you feel.

Nancy said...

Letting the little things like the tag go bring us face to face with a deep seated fear of forgetting. I know you'll never forget and I know it's hard to let go, put it near her. I hope that helps.

Nancy said...

Funny how you blogged that on Mada's birthday...