Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Celina 3.3.1996-4.15.2008


Celina 3.3.1996-4.15.2008
Originally uploaded by mommanana
Chad woke me at 3 am Tues. morning to tell me Celina couldn't walk on her hind legs. I reflex tested her throughout the night and into the morning and the sensation to her back legs decreased rapidly. She was 12 years old in March, well beyond the life expectancy for her breed. We have talked about her aging and knew we had her on borrowed time. That didn't make the decision any easier, but the Vet agreed that there wasn't anything we could do to help her. Her body was shutting down. We couldn't bear for her to be in pain or to suffer as her body betrayed her. We owed her better than that. Brian met me there and we let her go to sleep peacefully. Knowing we did the right thing doesn't make it any easier. She gave us great love and loyalty. Sweet dreams Nina..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know this sounds silly, but, IM glad I was there to be a support that day.That was tough

Nancy said...

I'm sorry. Now Mada and Ashley can take turns riding her horseback.