Thursday, April 03, 2008

Chick-munks

That is what both Tristan & Alexa say when they talk about the Chipmunks, Alvin, Simon, & Theodore. We got the DVD and they have seen the movie at the theater. Kierra use to say it that way too. I have several CDs of chipmunk music from a very long time ago, so my kids grew up on it. It is funny how some things are recycled. It is bittersweet to hear them say something the way she said it, or do something the way she did it. It isn't just the way all kids do things. There are distinctive things each child does in their own way. Those are the things that suprise us, that catch us off gaurd. That bring a smile to our lips, just as a tear runs down our face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to see it with them, as I spent my birthday with them, even though she wasn't here, she was in spirit that day. They were so good. Even though they all had to go to the bathroom at the same time!. (LOL)

Nancy said...

I saw an ad for the dvd and thought of you.