Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Disney Dreams & Friends..

Sat. til today we had our friend Terry from S. Florida visiting. She got to ride the rollercoaster that is our life right along with us! She & I did get the chance to go to Orlando on Monday. We realized we are a bit spoiled. There were a couple of things she wanted to see at Disney that had changed since she had been there last, but overall, we had both been there, done that. We talked about how Disney is such a once in a lifetime dream vacation for some families, and we have gone so often it holds no novelty for us. I wonder if that is how people who live near other dream vacation spots feel? Can you see too much of the Grand Canyon? Is Hawaii one of those "great place to visit, but don't want to live there" places? I know we are not taking the kids to Orlando for Hunter's spring break next week, we are going camping instead! Anywho, it was a great visit with Terry, although as usual it was too short!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we just take the smallest things that we live around for granted while it is a big deal for others. As you mentioned Hunter couldn't believe some of his schoolmates had never been to disney.

Nancy said...

I do take for granted the Canyon in my back yard, but each and everytime I see the Canyon it takes my breath away. I just wish there was better shopping closer...