Sunday, April 29, 2007

So, can I go home now?

Maybe I am still in Yonkers.. maybe this past week is just one big, crazy road trip.. so can I go home now?!
Nope, no Yonkers, I am home, this is the same crazy road trip I have been on for some time now.. reality bites!
The up side is that I now know the source of my monster headaches and some other problems I have been having..( note the optimism..) The headaches have been much worse and more frequent the past few months. Especially when I do alot of lifting or strenuous activity, you know.. like moving.. twice.
I have a ruptured and herniated disc in my neck.. C4 to be exact. He believes it is from the car accident I was in last year. I also have degeneration at C3-C4, C5-C6, & C6-C7, but that is not a concern at the moment. They found a sinus problem on my right side, no suprise there.. no surgery planned, just meds and wait & see. Oh, and of course, there are limitations and lifestyle modifications to go along with all that..
*No Kayaking..( for now, I am fighting that one!)
*No, changed to limited, horse back riding.. walk only, no running or jumping.. yada yada yada.
*No lifting more than 20 lbs.. at all.. haha.. Tristan & Alexa are at 30 lbs EACH.
*No rollercoasters or jarring amusement park rides. Why go?! That's the best part.
*No activities that involve repetitive motion. hmm.. do packing & unpacking count?
*Sleep on only one pillow, preferrably an orthopedic pillow. (hate this one so far, have always slept on 2 pillows!)
*When I get a monster headache.. this is a good one.. get ready to laugh.. I am supposed to stay laying down until the pressure is relieved, which could take hours if it's really bad. I am sure the kids will be willing to cooperate with that one!
*Limit my driving.. another huge chuckle.
I am trying, really I am, but reality isn't as cooperative as my Dr. would like it to be. And it is sooo frustrating.
Soo, can I go home now??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I thought mine was bad, I wish I was near to help. I can't see you sitting down and do nothing anyway, weather you had kids or not. That isn't in your nature. Sound fimilar????. We know what they tell us is right but does anyone listen to what they tell us. I don't think I do half the time.
But, when you can do nothing, enjoy it!.