Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thrive: to grow vigorously:flourish

It has been such a crazy week. I have been running around with appointments and errands every day! I seem to be doing alot, yet nothing gets done. I fall asleep on the couch most nights and never make it to my PC or get to the calls I want to make before it gets too late at night. I know people think I am the Queen of Chaos, but I am willing to give up my title!
I fell asleep on the couch about 10 pm last night. I woke up when Brian got home sometime around 11 pm. We went to bed about 1 am. Hunter woke up with a bad dream at 1:35 just as we were settling down to sleep. It took Brian & I both tucking him back in at different times to get him settled again. Alexa climbed into our bed about 3 am. At 3:50 am she woke me up as she started throwing up. I sacrificed a nearby shirt to save my bed and floor. I got her to the bathroom for the rest of it, got her all cleaned up and changed and back into bed just after 4 am. at 4:15 she did it all again, including another clean pair of pajamas. So we went out to the couch to sleep at about 4:30 am. Tristan woke me at 5:30 am and refused to let me sleep. He didn't really want anything, just didn't want to be awake by himself. When I tried to get Hunter up he complained he was too tired for school, but didn't want to miss the Dr. Seuss Celebration that Brian is taking him to at school tonight. No school, no Dr. Seuss. He got there late, but he got there.
I am trying to make Chili, Ghoulash, and bread for a teacher Luncheon at school tomorrow. Great start.. I burned the beans! I had plenty of water to begin with, but it burned up before I realized there was a problem. So I am off to the store and get to start over. Before I started cooking I had to figure out how to get a backsplash panel from behind my stove. I had temporarily stuck it to the wall to see if I liked it. It fell behind the stove! Luckily I could remove the drawer of my range and reached it that way. (There is a pic of it in the photo gallery, click on any pic on my blog and it will take you there.) Just another day for us, but boy am I tired! And my day isn't even halfway over. It has been said that I thrive on Chaos... I don't see how when today I feel like I am barely surviving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the backsplash...very country kitchen!

Nancy said...

Nothing is ever burned...it's blackened. lol. You thrive on it because if you had time to sit and think you'd be in a funk.