Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The parts that make a whole..

I have mentioned before how diverse and extended our family is. It has always been that way. No matter how you slice it, there are different parts that make a whole. If you remove a part, the whole is not the same. We are who we are because of who conceived us, even if they didn't raise us. I am proof of that. Kierra was too. And as history repeats itself, so will the twins be whoever they are meant to be. That isn't a negative thing. There have been many times throughout Kierra's life I tried to dismiss who her biological father was. I had very good reasons for that. My mother's reasons for keeping me from my biological father weren't so good. I have had issues with the twin's father in the past. But he is an integral part of who they are. He is as much a part of them as Kierra was. They lived the first half of their lives not knowing him. Now they spend their lives not remembering Kierra. I have to make choices for them based on what I believe to be best for them. I have to seperate my feelings at times from what I feel is good for them. We all have the ability to grow and change. I do not know what tomorrow will bring. I have learned the hard way that life can change in the flash of a second, beyond our control. I watched Alex & his Dad with the kids this weekend. I thought of the picture we must have made all together with them at the zoo on Sunday. And I realized it was a picture of a family trying to make a whole with an important part missing. A picture of a family, diverse and different. All of us trying to find our place in the picture. Knowing it takes many parts to make a whole...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tristan and Alexa need to know that part of thier live as much as it is hard. They need to know thier father,and thier will know what thier mother was all about. They will continue with the extended family as time goes on. They will continue with thier flock And keep adding. It will be amazing to see.
Your doing a Great job of it!