Wednesday, February 20, 2008

TRIS TAN

I have been a bit obsessed with getting Tristan potty trained. We have big discussions about being a big boy, using the toilet like everyone else, etc. The other day was no exception and I was even more zealous in my attempts because Tristan had once again pooped in his pull-up. I had him get the wipes and a clean pull-up and proceeded to tell him again how, when, & where he should poop. He turned to me just as calm and clear as could be.... "Mom, you worry way too much about my poop!"
I have used the phrase to all of them "You worry way too much about ___ (each other, etc.)" It was quite the twist to have it thrown back at me about his bodily functions! In the midst of this exchange Alexa piped in with "Nasty Baby Boy" because Tristan had pooped in his pants. I have told him it is nasty to do that and I have told him babies do that. Alexa decided to make a combo out of it all and tossed it in for good measure! He got so mad. He told her "I am not Nasty Baby Boy.. I am TRIS TAN!" And now you can't call him sweetie, big boy, sugar, or anything other than his name. If you do, you get the same response.. I am TRIS TAN.. all drawn out and loud.
We do tend to take a stand around here and stick to our guns on things.. I guess it is just his turn!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

and we all know when it's our turn