Sunday, February 12, 2006

Shoveling Snow...

I find myself going through all the motions, yet not really going anywhere or doing anything. I know I have said this before, and do not like to repeat myself, but my life has become repetitive and there is no other way to describe it. Auto pilot is the easiest way to function. Some days are definitely easier than others.
The kids & I have gotten into a semi-routine. They have their "days" too. The days blend together and before you know it, another day, week, month has gone by. They are growing so fast. Talking more and learning more every day. They are like little sponges, and I want to be sure I fill them with as much love and happiness as I can.
They can be sweet angels.... and little devils too! They can climb on, or under, or through anything if they put their mind ( or minds) to it. They have learned how to team up to get into mischief. Today I am installing a permanent gate to close off the kitchen ( it is the 3rd one!). The first was a pressure mounted gate, 2 toddler bodies pushed it down in no time. The second was a wood, 4-spot mounted gate. Tristan broke a couple of the wood pieces, and Chad tripping over it helped pull the anchors out of the wall. The new one is plastic, extra tall, and attaches in 6 different spots on each side. The kitchen wouldn't be so dangerous if they hadn't figured out how to team up and open the "child safe" latches on the cabinets & drawers. One holds the door open, while the other presses down on the latch to release it! And they are quick, like cheetah quick. I can't even go pee without something being gotten into. Or go into the other room to get a diaper or a change of clothes. We have to go in a convoy to be sure they are behaving. I keep some of everything out in the living room to be safe.
We have removed all dining room furniture to make them a play room. Their bedroom is too small. It is an attempt to contain their toys...attempt being the key word! It is a major accomplishment to get the floor vaccumed. I have a new wooden sign over the dining/play room.
"Cleaning the house while children are growing is like shoveling snow while it is snowing" That is my new mantra...

No comments: