Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

I finished loading up the kid's baskets and could not sleep. I went through our photo albums and came across some Old Easter Photos I thought you would all enjoy. There are more in the photo gallery, so click on this pic, or the link on the right side bar to get there.
I have filled alot of baskets over the years. We have celebrated all over the country and as far away as England. We have been fortunate to spend some of those Easters with precious friends and family along the way.
I look back at the Easter when this photo was taken and never imagined I would ever celebrate an Easter without her. In a few hours her children will wake up and rush to see what the Easter Bunny brought them. I never imagined I would be the one filling their baskets.
I look at the other photos I posted and can't believe Brianne will open her basket (yes I made her one!) in her own home with her husband of almost 4 years. I can't believe Chad is on the other side of the country & I wonder if he got his basket full of candy I sent him in time for Easter morning. It doesn't matter how old or how grown they get, I always fill their baskets too.
It won't be the same today. Not just because Kie isn't here. Brianne is at her house, I will take the kids to her to go to church. Brian has to work all day and has to leave early this morning. Chad will still be fast asleep being 3 hours behind and on his own now too.
Terry Moore is coming up, she should be here by early afternoon. I am looking forward to her visit. (I even made her a basket too!) We are having dinner at Terri & Dwight's. Bri, Justin, & the kids will meet us there.
It will be a good day, just different.
Now, not then.
Here, not there.
just different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this just made me cry