Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just the two of us..

Brian and I were able to take advantage of going to celebrate a milestone with a longtime friend.
I guess technically Vicky was Brian's friend first, but I have claimed her as mine since we met before Brian & I were even married. She is the type of person who always gives 150%.. and usually only gets about 5% back. So Brian & I were not going to miss her graduation from the (Law Enforcement) Corrections Officer Academy. We are so proud of her! She has worked her tail off. It was a good time with her, her friends, and family.
Brian & I went up the day before and stayed out at a resort on the beach. (Thanks to Nancy and my new cousin, Cathy!) We tried to plan this hot, romantic getaway, but had to laugh when things didn't go quite as planned. We got to walk on the beach, see a beautiful sunset, and have some time just the two of us. He earned some "Points" going to the mall and to the Disney Store to catch their big sale at the stores they are closing. (100 stores in the southeast by the end of June.. catch the sales! Only at the stores that are closing.) We took his Mom to lunch for a belated Mother's Day and got to visit with her for awhile too. There was no rush and no chaos.
We met Greg & Lisa in Crystal River for dinner so on the way up we stopped and walked around Homosassa Springs for a while. It was nice to just be together. We don't get to do that often enough. We need to think of something to do/ somewhere to go for our anniversary. We do not want any party or any big deal. We want to be together and do our own thing.
And a huge Thank You for the ones we love who kept the kids for us. We could not do it without you!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time. Give Vicki my love.