Monday, June 26, 2006

Tristan has a hang-up..

I noticed a few months ago that whenever Tristan has a blanket he has to find the tag and hold onto it. I mean EVERY blanket, EVERY time. The only exception is a "no-sew" blanket I made for him back in September or October of last year. But it's fringe is all about "tag size" and he holds onto that. He has continued that habit. Alexa woke up after her day of humming... no humming now. Which is actually a bit of a relief, because it did tend to wear on the nerves!
I have rearranged the play area again. We had some toy box/shelves on the wall where we have a pass through counter to the kitchen. Tristan (and recently copycat Alexa,) started climbing on top of them and climbing over the counter into the kitchen. Nothing seemed to discourage his climbing adventures. So I moved the box/shelves to another wall. So he started pushing their picnic table over to climb on that. So today I attempted to distract them from their self made Mount Everest. I attached a large magnet board and some chalk boards onto that wall and mounted some small bins for the chalk and magnets. I am hoping that will give them something else to do with that wall! I'll let you know how it works out!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Ok, it's time to create a padded floor with a rock climing wall. Now that would be cool.
Love ya Nance