Monday, June 19, 2006

This weekend..

This weekend was a mixture of the sweet and the bitter. Saturday Shelia Brandhuber married Paul Vierling. Shelia's family and ours met while we were all stationed in England with the Air Force. We have watched each other's children grow and tried to be there for all the big events. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a good time had by all. Shelia's colors were purple and ivory. I thought alot about Kierra. She should have been there..
Then yesterday was Father's Day. Between Brian losing his father last year and then losing Kierra, Brian didn't really want to acknowledge the day. I felt the same way about Mother's Day. He had the day off ( forcibly, his police car was in the shop!). So later in the day we went over to Harold & Diane's. It was their 35th wedding anniversary. We stayed for dinner and late into the night (Leslie brought me lobsters from Maine!). We reminisced about old stories.. and heard a few new ones! I can't remember the last time we laughed like that. I laughed til I cried! (ROFLMAO!) It felt good. We don't get to see them very often, so Shelia's wedding weekend helped us reconnect. There are alot of people we have drifted away from. Not intentionally, but life is different for us now. Brianne had the kids most of the day yesterday, then Chad put them to bed for us. We can't just get up and go like we used to. Child care for 3 kids is expensive and hard to find. We don't have any friends who have small children anymore. So we are out in left field most of the time between having the kids to tend to and Brian having to work so much to take care of all of us. So we make the most of the time we get to have with friends and family. I hope you all appreciate each other out there. It is too easy to take friendships for granted. We love you all!

2 comments:

New Beginnings said...

Grandma Sue

this is a link to my blog a post I wrote today, it was inspired by your post.

Nancy said...

Shoulder to shoulder
Together through the journey
My threee friends and me
Love ya hon
Nance