Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Okay, now what??

We had a quiet Christmas. Brianne & Justin came over early in the morning,( in their pajamas !), to have Christmas morning with us. The twins & Hunter seemed to enjoy themselves with all their new toys. Everyone has been so kind and generous. We feel like there are so many families in more need than we are, so it is difficult to accept the generosity being given, but it is much appreciated and we are making sure the kids needs are all met. As usual they seem to like the bins & boxes more than the presents! I fixed a small dinner and we all just hung out in out in our pajamas all day. There were some times Brian & I had to take a break outside, but all in all it was a good day. As good as it could be with her not here. Even words have different definitions for me now.. Good: Not Horrible, Bearable, etc.
We celebrated with our friends and some of our family on Hunter's birthday, the 22nd. It was a really nice time. We were able to truly enjoy being around people again. Probably because they know us and love us so well, there were no expectations of any kind.
Then we went to my sister's, Greta's, for Christmas Eve "lunch". She & Randy out did themselves as always. It was a good time as well.
We made it through the Holidays, so now what? It is hard to imagine the new year ahead. Each day there are things to do and to deal with that really aren't new, just so different now. It is like visiting a place for the first time, you don't know where things are, or what the people are like. I feel like an alien in my own skin sometimes.
We should be hearing soon about the State filing charges against the guy involved in Kierra's accident. Maybe that will help bring some closure as well, although it won't change our loss.
I am busy with the kids and trying to find some state of normalcy. But each day dawns as something unfamiliar to me and I am not accustomed to it. It is like learning to walk all over again. And I yearn for the day when I can walk even a small distance without falling..

No comments: