Saturday, November 15, 2008

Moments & Memories

Sorry I went incommunicato for a few days.. thanks for all your support and understanding. I can't explain in words how uncontrollable my emotions can be. Even after 3 years it can hit me like it is that moment again. The pain is just as sharp, the loss just as gut wrenching as it was when she was taken from us. The idea that time makes it easier hasn't happened for me yet. I don't think it does get easier, we just learn to cope with it better. I did do better than last year, but I think I also have gotten better at blocking it out when I need to. I still get really angry and I still feel so devestated at times. It is what it is. We move forward regardless and time still goes by. I think of all the good times and try to replace the image of her death with the images of her laughing and living her life to the fullest. That is the best I can do.
We received a video in the mail from the mother of an old boyfriend of hers. It was of her and him in the slingshot ride at Oldetown in Orlando. She loved it and I couldn't help but laugh as I cried watching her beautiful young face on the screen before me, so alive. So we will cherish those moments, those memories, and keep going. That is what we do everyday. Thank you for your love, support and understanding. We couldn't get through it all without you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay! another, tear jerker, She is so in my heart and in my mind almost every day. I will catch myself saying something and then be like Kie would loved that. This was a tough mth, IM here for all of you, and I was working went it hit 12 mid-night and that is when I txt you and tears flowed as I was working,my co-worker asked and I told her the story, she even started to cry and asked about the twins. I showed her pictures. It's hard to believe it has been that long. She is with my brother-in-law Cliff IM sure they are chatting away. He was gone 2 weeks a head of her. Hard to believe that!
Love you all very much!

Nancy said...

hugs