Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blank Check

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it."

That statement was at the end of an email story I received. I felt compelled to share it. Chad leaves for basic training January 6th for basic training with the Army. He will be there 9-10 weeks then go to Arizona for a year for Tech school. It is strange to have him going away. It is time I know, I just never thought of him as the military type. He continues to suprise me! In researching info for Chad, Brian came accross some info about age reduction for years served, so he has been looking into info for the Air Force Reserve or Gaurd, I am not sure how I feel about that. I have always, and will support him in whatever he decides, but I am not sure I am willing to make the sacrifices as easily as he is. It is alot to think about and this is already an emotional time for us. We will see what happens in the days & weeks to come. I am not sure I can handle my son & my husband writing that blank check!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS AND I HAVE SAID IT MANY TIMES ABOUT CHAD.

THE CHAD IS GREAT!!!!

GOOD LUCK CHAD! WERE PROUD OF YOU!

Anonymous said...

okay, we had to re-read this, now, it comes across me, wow! Brian too. That is alot for one person to handle. Were here for you and proud of them both

Nancy said...

AZ? Cool, Maybe when he has a little time off he can come see the canyon, might be able to pick him up.