Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blurbs

I have been so busy that I just pop on here.. type a quick blurb and off I go again. I can't seem to sleep tonight. My legs won't settle down, I feel like I could go running. Anywho.. let me catch you up on a few things..
Randy- He got his trache taken out a couple weeks ago, almost 3 weeks ago now. He is doing better and is supposed to be released to go home this Thursday! They had said November 1st, but don't want to send him home on a weekend. It has been a long road and still won't be easy for them, but I know it will be a relief for both of them to have him back home. Be sure to keep in touch and I know he would still love to have visitors at home.
The twin's father, Alex, left for Iraq on Saturday. It is his second tour there. He was led to believe if he went into the gaurd then he would stay stateside. May he stay safe.
Chad suprised us today. He is taking the ASVAB next week. That is the miltary aptitude test. He has decided to join the military. He wants to go to college and realistically would have to work 2 jobs to do it, which would leave little time for school. He has been considering it and is ready to take this step for his future. His test score will help him decide which branch he will sign up with. I have very mixed feelings about this. I am proud that he is moving forward and doing something that will benefit his future. He is well aware of the commitment to defend his country as part of this decision. I am proud of him for that too, yet as a mother who has already lost a child, I am hesitant to embrace a decision that may risk losing another. No matter how small the risk, it is still a Mother's worry for her child to be in any kind of danger. It is different from the fear and worry I felt as a wife when Brian went to the Gulf War. I will support him and love him wherever he goes and whatever he does. I will keep you all posted.
Trying to organize and juggle 3 children in school is my latest challenge. I have 3 teachers to communicate with, 3 Halloween parties to send things in for or help with, school pictures x3, school papers x3, school projects x3, field trips x3, and even birthday party invitations x3! I am going to have to get a large planner calendar to put on the wall with color coded squares for them all! I don't know how I managed this before. I worked so I didn't get as involved in their school activities, but the thought of adding dance classes, karate, and/or sports to the mix really freaks me out. I have a new stress reliever..ie: addiction.. popsicles. The new slowmelt ones. I have eaten 3 in a row at times in the past week. I tried the sugarfree ones.. but they aren't as good. It is my version of taking a cigarette break!
Brian is working alot of city overtime the next couple months. They are always shorthanded. He gets to grow a beard every fall if he donates to the United Way. I will have to post pics. He was starting it when we took our cruise, but it was just coming in then.. still at the scruffy stage. He has to shave it after Christmas. He is still counting down to officially be a Sargeant. I will let you know when it is his turn.
It'a almost 4am. I am going to try to sleep again. Probably just in time for Tristan to get up early! TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers and happy for Randy,The Chad, well, I will worry with you, as THE CHAD IS GREAT and praying for Alex safety