Monday, July 20, 2009

Me on Lenny 7.19.09


Me on Lenny 7.19.09
Originally uploaded by mommanana
Not my best photo, but look at that handsome horse!
A friend of ours, Tanya, took Lenny & I to the beach this evening for a great ride. The weather was perfect, the horses were perfect, & the company was awesome! It was great to talk to a grown-up! We email & facebook back & forth, but that isn't a replacement for good old fashioned face to face! I know I talked her ears off! (That happens when you are with kids all day.)
I haven't ridden in over 2 months. It felt good to get back on. We rode for about an hour and a half. It was a great recharge from how emotionally exhausted I have been lately. I am hoping to do it again sometime. Thanks to Tanya & her beautiful mare Jaeger for sharing their evening with us!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad to hear that you are finally well enough to ride your horses again! I know it must have been a nice break for you to relax and enjoy some grown-up talk. Please don't ever feel guilty about needing that time. It does not make you a bad mother. There are much worse things you could do than wanting a couple hours of detox from children.

Anonymous said...

glad to see you were able to ride sorry you have to down size, but at least you know they will be loved.

Tanya said...

I had a wonderful time, it was so great to get to visit with you again. We don't do it often enough, life I suppose.......
we will totally do it again soon