Sunday, April 15, 2007

Free at Last!

Okay, that may seem a little dramatic, but trust me.. it was a major crunch on Friday to finish emptying the rental and get it all cleaned before the sign out at 2:30. Terry Moore came for a visit to get away from work and stress in Miami .. and I put her to work cleaning walls and loading and unloading the van! She was a huge help, I couldn't have gotten it done wihtout her. We went non-stop til 3 pm. I have a thing about leaving a place in better shape than when we moved in. It doesn't matter to me what shape it was in before, it matters to me that our name is on it, and I can't leave it a mess. My arm is still sore from scrubbing walls..dog slobber and kid marks.. and cleaning tile floors on my hands and knees because it had a "film" on it from where someone used mop and glo or something on it. The next hurdle is getting out of the rent on the lease for the next couple months. If they don't rent it, we are on the hook for the rent even though we aren't in it anymore, so we are free of the house, but not the lease. We will see what happens with that. It is in pristine, move in condition, and we are done with it. Now, on to getting the old house ready to go on the market..

No comments: